Pioneer DJ launches its first touch-screen, USB-only player – the no-compromise alternative for digital DJs
13th November 2014: Redefine your creative horizons with the XDJ-1000: the first in a new line-up of digitally focused, USB-only, rekordbox™-ready players. With our first ever deck to feature a touch screen, a familiar club layout and a host of pro-DJ performance features, the XDJ-1000 is the perfect springboard from the bedroom to the booth.
The large, full-colour LCD touch screen puts intuitive control at your fingertips; its interactive GUI has tabs for Browse, Play and Perform, giving you instant access to the player’s full armoury. Many features are inherited from the top-flight CDJ-2000NXS, including 206 mm jog wheels, Slip Mode, Quantize and Beat Sync. Plus the brand new Quantized Beat Jump/Loop Move feature means you can spontaneously move 1, 2 or 4 beats backwards or forwards within a loop.
The XDJ-1000 revolutionises browsing; the Qwerty touch-screen keyboard allows you to search for keywords, then scroll on-screen or with the large rotary dial. You can analyse and prepare your tracks in rekordbox (PC/Mac) or the rekordbox app (iOS/Android), and the XDJ-1000 will display at-a-glance information such as Wave Zoom, Beat Counter, Phase Meter and Key Analysis – as well as provide instant access to your pre-prepared cues, loop and customised settings. Additionally, you can colour code your playlists and the illuminated USB port will reflect that colour so you instantly know what’s on each USB key.
The first Pioneer DJ player without a CD drive, the XDJ-1000 meets the growing demand for a USB-only player with all the performance pedigree of the CDJ set-up. And it’s compatible with KUVO – our community, which enables you to provide clubbers with live set information in real time – making it a must-have player for the next generation of DJs.
The XDJ-1000 will be available from late November 2014 at an SRP of EUR 999, including VAT, and comes with a free download of rekordbox (PC/Mac). The rekordbox app is available to download via App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android).
MAIN FEATURES OF THE XDJ-1000
Large, full-colour touch screen with intuitive GUI
The 7-inch, full-colour LCD touch screen gives you instinctive control and enables the ultimate creativity. The GUI is divided into three sections: Browse, Play and Perform, so you can effortlessly see and access all the features you need, without the screen being overcrowded.
Faster browsing with Qwerty keyboard and keyword search
The Browse function is speedier than ever, with the ability to call up a Qwerty keyboard and search for keywords, and scroll using the touch screen or large rotary dial. Plus you can choose how you view tracks: list, artwork or custom view.
Professional features including the NEW Quantized Beat Jump/Loop Move
The XDJ-1000 inherits many of its features from the club-standard CDJ-2000NXS, including Pro DJ Link, which allows you to share one source with up to four decks via LAN cable.
- NEW! Quantized Beat Jump: enables you to jump backwards or forwards 1, 2 or 4 beats from the current playback position.
- NEW! Quantized Loop Move: after you’ve created a loop, you can navigate 1, 2 or 4 beats backwards or forwards through the loop.
- Auto loops and cues: you can instantly trigger loops and cues you’ve prepared in rekordbox.
- Quantize: uses the track’s beat grid to ensure loops and cues are set and triggered in time with music.
- Beat Sync: looks at the rekordbox beat grids, on up to four connected players, and snaps them to the beat of the master deck.
- Slip Mode: silently continues track playback during a loop, reverse or scratch and brings the music back at the right point when the you exit the performance.
- Needle search: lets you slide your finger along the ribbon to intuitively access any point in the track, just like with vinyl.
- Active Loop: you can use rekordbox to set an Active Loop at the end of tracks to ensure you’re never caught unprepared again.
Enhanced rekordbox track information for ease of mixing and track selection
You can analyse your tracks in rekordbox and the XDJ-1000’s large touch screen will display a host of information to aid DJing:
- Wave display with Wave Zoom: the colour-coded wave display can be zoomed x5 for even more precise loops and cues.
- Beat Countdown: you can use rekordbox to mark key points on a track, and the XDJ-1000 will count down to them from up to 64 bars away.
- Phase Meter: shows the position of the beat in the bar, enabling you to compare the phase of each player with the master deck at a glance.
- Key Analysis Indicator: a traffic light system in the browser shows which rekordbox tracks are in a compatible musical key with the master deck for harmonised mixes every time.
My Settings function including colour-coded USB port light
You can choose your personal preferences in rekordbox – including Quantize ON/OFF and Master Tempo ON/OFF – and the XDJ-1000 will automatically download them. On top of that, you can colour code your playlists in rekordbox, e.g. red for techno or blue for drum & bass, and the light around the USB port will reflect that setting for ease of identification in the booth.
Professional layout for familiarity at home and in the booth
The XDJ-1000 mirrors the layout of the club standard CDJs, so you can perfect your sets at home and move effortlessly to the booth to perform. The 206 mm jog wheels are the same size as those on the CDJ-2000NXS, for instant familiarity wherever you play.
DJs can load and browse music using Wi-Fi or USB connection
In addition to USB keys, you can load rekordbox-ready music from PCs, laptops and smartphones using a Wi-Fi or USB connection. You simply connect a device running rekordbox (PC/Mac) or the rekordbox app (iOS/Android) to the XDJ-1000 and then browse and load tracks from the device’s screen. Devices connected via USB will even be charged during performance.
Fully MIDI compatible
Serato DJ HID support planned for late 2014
Built-in auto standby function