Total Unison: Pioneer DJ launches the XDJ-RX the all-in-one rekordbox™ solution with large, dual-deck screen
20th January 2015: Be liberated from the laptop as Pioneer DJ launches the XDJ-RX: the perfect marriage of the CDJ platter, a high-performance mixer and a central, full-colour screen
featuring dual waveform display. The XDJ-RX inherits much of its DNA from Pioneer DJ’s topflight NXS line-up, adds pad control with the all-new Loop Slice, USB recording, and loads
rekordbox™ tracks directly from USB key – making it an all-in-one dream for digital DJs.
The XDJ-RX is Pioneer DJ’s first product to feature a single LCD screen that displays information from both players simultaneously, including dual waveform display, playback
position, BPM and beat grids. DJs can quickly browse and select tracks using the large dial and Load buttons. The two CDJ-style platters have a familiar club-standard layout and give
DJs instant access to pro-DJ performance features including Beat Sync, Slip Mode and Quantized cues and loops. Pads add a physical element, with instant access to Hot Cues and
Auto Beat Loops – or DJs can choose and slice loops on-the-fly with the new Loop Slice function.
The unit’s mixer boasts four high-quality Sound Colour FX and eight Beat FX, including the DJM-900NXS’s hugely popular Spiral. With two MIC inputs, a LAN port and an array of quality
IN/OUT connections, the XDJ-RX can be used as a stand-alone two-channel mixer. Plus two USB ports means DJs can use both for playback whilst recording their performances to one of
the USB devices at the same time.
The all-in-one rekordbox solution, the XDJ-RX will be available from late February 2015
XDJ-RX FEATURES IN DETAIL
1. NEW Large full-colour screen for at-a-glance information from both players
2. Integrated unit with familiar layout and pro-DJ features
3. NEW Loop Slice added to features triggered by the tactile pads
4. Two USB ports enable DJs to record even while both ports are in use
5. Performance mixer boasts high-quality Sound Colour FX and Beat FX
6. Driven by rekordbox USB or rekordbox app so no need for a laptop or CDs
7. Can be used as a stand-alone mixer thanks to multiple connections
8. Other features: Midi control, Auto standby, Will support control via the rekordbox app of features including Needle Search and XY Pad FX from June 2015
Pioneer DJ is online on: