ALL IN ONE SOLUTION FOR PROFESSIONAL USB RECORDING, ANYWHERE
Among the last new born in LEWITT’s home it certainly deserves a lot of attention the new DGT 650, a condenser microphone equipped with PC, Mac and iOS devices interface, which meets all the “on the fly” or studio recording requirements without sacrificing any quality or crystal clear sound, typical of LEWITT microphones.
The DGT 650 is a pressure gradient microphone with two 17mm (0.67″) condenser capsules. It allows the user to realize XY-stereo as well as cardioid polar pattern with dynamics of 110 dB-A and a frequency response from 20Hz to 20kHz. The interface for Mac, PC and devices running iOS has a 24bit resolution with selectable sampling rate of 44.1kHz, 48kHz and 96kHz.
The interest among musicians and Pro-Audio users that is now bringing this real jewel of the renown Austrian microphone manufacturer is remarkable and the reason is very simple: the DGT 650 solves all those miking issues where you do not have many gear but it is important to record on computer, smartphone or other devices with studio quality what you’re playing or singing. You can choose among four operative modes: XY Stereo Mode (with 90° opening of the two capsules assigned to each of the two audio channels), Cardioid Mode (where the two capsules are mixed to create a pattern cardioid), Singer / Songwriter Mode (cardioid pattern to audio channel 1 and 6.3mm jack line input to channel 2) and stereo Line-in Mode (used to record a stereo line signal, such as a synthesizer or mixer outputs).
A special attention requires the Singer/Songwriter mode as it allows, for example, to connect a guitar to the line input, to sing into the microphone and recording both contents into separate tracks. So you can write down your music jotting and then rework them on your workstation by adding any arrangements or operating any changes.
The microphone is powered by a lithium-ion 950mAh / 3.7V battery with a playtime of more than 3 hours. The battery recharges or through the USB cable when connected to a PC / Mac, or through the dedicated USB-Mini connector on the microphone side.
All parameters (such as input and monitoring mode , High-Pass filter, input attenuation, input / output signal level, battery charge, headphones and others) are displayed and modified from the microphone itself – through the useful Jog Dial with Push/Enter function – or by the application for PC/Mac , smartphones or other iOS devices connected to the microphone.
In short: the LEWITT DGT 650 is much more than just a USB microphone; It is a small mobile recording studio with high quality and extreme versatility.
- All-in-one stereo recording solution and interface for PC, Mac and iOS devices – no camera connection kit required!
- iOS, OS X and Windows support
- Line-in and MIDI-input
- XY-Stereo Mode for live concerts, background vocals, …
- Cardioid Mode for effective rear and side rejection
- Singer/Songwriter Mode for simultaneous recording of acoustic and line sources
- Stereo Line-In Mode, connect a synthesizer or mixing console output and record it directly to your device
- 24 bit / 96 kHz, 110 dB dynamic range
- Two step switchable pre-attenuation and high pass filter
- 950 mAh battery for 3h+ recording time on iOS devices
- Built-in amp for high impedance studio headphones
- Crossfade between zero latency direct and minimal latency tape return monitoring
- ASIO driver for minimal tape return latency
- Push wheel to change the DGT 650 settings on the microphone
- Control Center to change the settings right from your computer
- Illuminated user interface for quick and easy handling in dark environments